Mark Warner’s current Senate term is a disaster. His election in 2008 gave Senate Democrats a majority and look what their partnership with President Obama has achieved:
- Since the Democratic Class of 2008 took control, the average real income of the poorest one-fifth of American families has declined every year, falling to $15,534 in 2012 from $16,962 in 2008 (the 2013 data will be released Sept. 16). The average real income of the lowest quintile of Americans is now below the level it was in 1968, the year when the War on Poverty began its spending surge.
- The next-highest income quintile, often referred to as the working class, has also experienced a continuous decline in real income since January 2009. The average income of these Americans has fallen 6.5% and is now $1,182 lower than it was when President Reagan left office.
- The third quintile—America’s middle class—has seen its average income decline to $62,464 from $65,672. More than half of this decline has occurred since the recovery officially began in the second quarter of 2009.
- Losses for the typical household, as measured by real median income, have been especially heavy in the very states where 2008 Senate Democrats are up for re-election. In Alaska, household income in 2012 was 7.2% lower than it was at the end of 2008, falling back to its 1988 level. In Arkansas, household income has dropped 8.2%. Colorado households have 13.5% less income than they did before the Democratic Congress and President Obama transformed America. The same is true in Louisiana, where household income has fallen 7.9%. And in North Carolina, household income has declined 10.2%—falling to the lowest level in the 28 years the Census Bureau has provided state-by-state income data.
- Married women, unmarried women and women living alone all saw their incomes fall.
- The median income of women has fallen more during the recovery than it did during the recession, an unprecedented economic failure in postwar America.
- The real median income of African-American households has fallen by 9.5%, more than any other major census classification.
- Hispanic income has fallen, especially for middle-income Hispanic families, whose income has declined every year since 2008. According to the latest census data, the income of middle-class Hispanics is lower than when Jimmy Carter was president.
Located in Charlottesville, Virginia, the CV SBDC is one of 29 centers across Virginia providing professional business consulting, training and information resources to help grow and strengthen Virginia businesses.
Albemarle GOP supports and advocates for Small Business owners and employees and budding Entrepreneurs seeking to start a business. Click here for current training available
Exactly five years ago today, Senator Mark Warner looked straight into a camera and made this promise to us:
“I’m not going to support a health care reform plan that’s going to take away health care that you’ve got right now or a health care plan you like.” –
Senator Mark Warner
He made that promise to try to sell skeptical Virginians on his health care reform plan. Since that day in 2009, we’ve sadly seen that that Senator Warner broke his promise. He went on to rally his fellow Senate Democrats to support the Affordable Care Act – Obamacare – which has led to the cancellation of millions of Americans’ health insurance policies.
And while Senator Warner was making false promises and working to pass Obamacare, I was warning about its devastating impacts. On the most important legislative issue in decades, I was right and he was very wrong.
We need to repeal Obamacare and replace it with policies that work. Senator Warner wants to keep it and just a couple weeks ago said he would still have voted for it knowing what he knows today.
Once again, we’re reminded that Senator Warner has not been the senator he promised us he would be. He said he’d be a “radical centrist,” but he’s voted with President Obama 97% of the time — including Obamacare, which passed without a single Republican vote in the Senate.
Senator Warner is fond of talking about working across the aisle. His website has lots of press releases touting his bipartisanship. But just look at his votes. Senator Warner has been a loyal partisan footsoldier for President Obama’s and Harry Reid’s agenda.
Watch the video, share it with your friends, and remember, this Election Day, who was right on Obamacare and who was wrong.
Friday, August 1, 2014, Daily Caller.com
A new report comes to the not-so-shocking conclusion that the United States is in “serious danger” as a direct result of Barack Hussein Obama’s policies.
Joseph Miller is the pen name for a ranking Department of Defense official with a background in U.S. special operations and combat experience in Iraq and Afghanistan. He has worked in strategic planning.
The report is in, and the review of the president’s foreign policy is clear: If there is not an immediate course-reversal, the United States is in serious danger.
The Albemarle County Republicans booth received many enthusiastic visitors.
See our photos
Here is the working list of Committees that need volunteers. This is just the beginning. If there is some other way you would like to support ACRC, just let us know!! Contact Cindi Burket for details on these Committees.Cindi Burket email@example.com 434-249-4564
- Nominating Committee
- Events Committee
- Election Voter Turnout Committee and workers
Sure hope everyone is enjoying their Summer. Hard to believe that it is August already and that the November Election is just months away. Your ACRC Executive Board has been hard at work with projects to increase ACRC membership and to find folks to man the precincts for the upcoming election. If you would like to join, see the membership section of this email for all the details. If you would like to volunteer on election day, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be sure you are put in contact with the right person.
Saturday, August 9, 2014 is our next Breakfast and our Third Quarter Meeting (Official Call for that meeting is contained below). Quorum is required and many important updates will be discussed by the Committee, our local leaders and the Federal Campaigns.
Don’t forget that the Albemarle County Fair opened last night and continues through Saturday. Details are below.
This Newsletter also includes information on how to join our committee, sign up as an Election Official, and or take the opportunity to volunteer for one of the many tasks which will help us elect conservatives.
Finally, the Albemarle County Police Department is partnering with Albemarle County Parks and Recreation and Fire and Rescue in “National Night Out”. This is a national event that promotes Police and community relationships.
I look forward to seeing you at the Breakfast on August, 9.Cindi Burket Chair, ACRC email@example.com 434-249-4564
I, Cynthia Burket, Chairman of the Albemarle County Republican Committee, do hereby call a meeting of the Albemarle County Republican Committee on Saturday, August 9, 2014 beginning at 8:30 a.m. at the Doubletree Hotel, 990 Hilton Heights Road, Charlottesville, Virginia, for the purposes listed in the agenda below. The filing deadline for resolutions is Wednesday, August 6, 2014 by 5 p.m. at 1366 Huntersfield Close, Keswick, Va. 22947. Postmarks do not govern. Or send by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org, server time stamps do not govern. In addition to the regular business meeting we will have our usual monthly breakfast with guest speakers.
II. Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance
III. Introduction of Guests
IV. Speakers from Campaigns
V. Convene ACRC Meeting
VI. Election of New Members
VII. Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes
VIII. Treasurer’s Report
XIII. Other Business