In case you didn’t notice here is what happened on January 1, 2014 :
- Top Medicare tax went from 1.45% to 2.35%
- Top Income tax bracket went from 35% to 39.6%
- Top Income payroll tax went from 37.4% to 52.2%
- Capital Gains tax went from 15% to 28%
- Dividends tax went from 15% to 39.6%
- Estate tax went from 0%to 55%
- More on Taxes Here
These taxes were all passed only with Democrat votes, no Republicans voted for these taxes.
These taxes were all passed under the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare.
Elections are coming! VOTE!
ACRC member Terry Cooper, whose day job is as a Republican political consultant, will be teaching an OLLI course this fall on “Political Polarization: Causes and Four Proposed Cures.” It meets on three Thursdays (October 2, 9 and 16) from 10:00 to 11:30 A.M. at Meadows Presbyterian Church on Angus Road.
This will be a substantially updated version of the talk Terry gave at ACRWL’s “Hot Topics” in May. It’s substantially updated because there have been a number of major developments since then. To mention just two:
(1) The Pew Research Center has released two very significant studies on polarization and how many people are self-gerrymandering into echo chambers in which they hear only from think-alikes. Further studies are expected to be released shortly.
(2) One of the four proposed cures, the “top-two” primary, is intended to give minority-party voters the maximum possible impact in districts that overwhelmingly favor the other party (think Republicans having an impact in Charlottesville). The 2014 results of the primaries in two of the three states that have top-two primaries (California and Washington) are now in and the general-election campaigns there are underway. Terry will discuss what’s happening there.
Registration is required. You may register online by going to www.olliuva.org.
WORKING HARD FOR ROBERT HURT!! CLEANING HQ FOR TOMORROW'S GRAND OPENING!!
Charlottesville Republican Campaign Headquarter announces our Kickoff Rally.
When: Saturday September 13, 2014 10:00 AM
Where: 455 Albemarle Square Charlottesville VA, 22901
Come to the rally and join Congressman Robert Hurt for the official kickoff of our campaign operations.
Afterwards: Stay for the cookout and join us as we campaign for our candidates!
RSVP to 434-713-6072 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Election day is is fast approaching! We need volunteers for Tuesday, November 4th. Each polling place will be staffed to greet voters and hand out GOP literature. Please find the time to work a two hour shift. Time and place will be assigned to suit your preference. Please volunteer.